StrongHER TogetHER helps girls rise above the stereotypes that alienate them from one another and instead, grow up to be women who understand the power of the collective strength in the fight for equality.
How Are We Making A Difference?
1. 28 participating elementary, middle, and high schools.
2. Community-wide Summer Book Club for 600+ middle-grade girls.
3. Youth anti-racist Summer camp offering.
1. 96% agree they have genuine friendships with the girls in their group.
2. 78% agree the program has taught them about different ways of life.
3. 70% of the girls agree the program has helped them meet girls who are different than them.
1. 100% agree that StrongHER TogetHER is teaching their child about different ways of life.
2. 90% of families agree that StrongHER TogetHER is making a positive difference in their child’s life.
3. Program is FREE for all participating families.
4. Transportation is provided for families who need it.
Why We're Making A Difference:
When girls are nominated into our program as rising 5th graders, they remain with their small group for the next EIGHT YEARS. No matter where they go or how their lives change.
We show girls what it means to be supported and supportive via our big/little sister program, high school youth representatives, and college/professional women from our community.
Intentional Multi-Faceted Connection
Girls in a StrongHER TogetHER group come from different schools, neighborhoods, backgrounds, cultures, and socioeconomics. This mix is 100% intentional.
Elimination of Barriers to Participation
Not only is StrongHER TogetHER FREE for all participants, but we also simplify transportation, communications, and administration so that each child can participate to the fullest.
What People Are Saying:
As StrongHER TogetHER continues to grow, the voices that will rise above others to guide our evolution are those of the girls in our program, their families, our leaders and our partners. Check out what folks have to say about our work!